How To Pierce Your Nose At Home DIY
- Hand Sanitizer
- Isopropyl Alcohol
- Hollow Nose Piercing Needle
- Piercing Clamp
- Latex Gloves
- Sterile Jewelry
- Cotton Swab
Step 1: Get rid of any blackheads or acne before carrying out the procedure to avoid any possible infections. If you have an acne on the nose area wait for a few days until its gone and make sure to wash your face regularly.
Step 2: Make sure the needle is new and sterilize your piercing clamp and jewelry.
Step 3: Sanitize your hand using a hand sanitizer and put the new latex gloves on. I have seen videos of people skipping the latex gloves but its better to use it for sterility. Do not touch anything else apart from the sterilized ones.
Step 4: You can mark your nose by looking into the mirror to make sure you pierce in the right place.
Step 5: Clean the nose with the rubbing alcohol using a cotton swab both on the outside and inside area of your nose. Hold the area to be pierced with a piercing clamp to avoid hurting the other areas of your nose.
Step 6: Take the needle and pierce it perpendicular to the tissue. Insert the stud in the hollow needle when almost done and pull the needle out. To avoid allergies use a high grade titanium stud.
Step 7: Spray purified ocean salt water to accelerate the healing process and to reduce any lumps or scars. Don’t change the stud for the next 3 months and keep the area cleansed by spraying the solution 2 times a day.
Things To Be Considered Seriously:
- It’s advisable to get it done from a professional to avoid the unforeseen things that can possibly go wrong.
- Do not try it if you are below 14 as your tissues are very tender.
- Always use a new needle and once used dispose it off. Do not share it since infections such as AIDS can still spread even after sterilization. Do not use sewing or safety pins for piercing.
- Do not use any alcohol to clean the pierced area as it can only dry the area more. Use Saline solutions to cleanse them.
- Many employers and schools do not allow nose piercing. You may be asked to remove it or face the consequences.
- Do not touch your piercing area to allow the healing process and also to reduce the bacterial growth.
Left Side Piercing:
Hindus prefer the left side of the nose as it corresponds to reproductive organs. Once pierced it is believed to reduce pain during childbirth and may have some positive effects on conditions like endometriosis.